Job#: 2021-0720-USCG-SP Senior Programmer
Job Type: Full-time
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Career Level: Experienced
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Location: Norfolk, VA *Candidates in a HUBZone are highly desired but not required
Required Clearance Level: Secret
Travel: (%TBD) CONUS/OCONUS
Timitron Corporation is looking for a is seeking a Senior Programmer (DevSecOps Engineer) to develop complex technical solutions for the trainers and their development environments. The Senior Programmer will serve as an integral part of an Agile/Waterfall development team that is focused on building and maintaining state-of-the-art Software for our US Coast Guard (USCG) customers. The primary duty will be to design, implement, and administer DevSecOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools and techniques for the use by the team, to increase our ability to deliver products to the end-users more quickly and with improved quality. The candidate will work directly with the SCRUM Master and working groups to help identify and refine requirements and standardize software practices across our entire development group. This candidate will work with our development and management teams to demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern DevSecOps and CM to our USCG customers.
The Senior Programmer shall be certified in accordance with the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8570.01-M and shall satisfy and sustain DoD IA training and certification requirements. Personnel qualifying for this position shall be able to assist in preparation of documentation and provide technical direction as needed to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Must have 8+ years using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker); using CM principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects; developing on or serving as a system administrator for Linux systems.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes is required
- Experience with the creation and deployment of Linux and/or Windows system images
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Personnel shall have no greater than six (6) months from the date of hire to obtain the required level of certification.
The ideal candidate will provide for the following:
- Certifications in DevSecOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian is HIGHLY desired.
- Served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a development team.
- Served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product Installer for a development team.
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team; and
- Proven ability to produce quality work under deadlines.
Percentage of travel to be determined.
Timitron Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
As a Virginia Values Veterans registered firm, we encourage our veterans who have served this country with pride, distinction, and honor to apply.
Residence in a HUBZone
To determine whether you reside in a HUBZone, visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/) (Highly desired but not required)
Full benefits package provided
Remote interview process
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.